The Professional Master of Engineering (ENPM) Program and the Graduate Certificate in Engineering (GCEN) Program are open to qualified applicants holding a regionally accredited baccalaureate degree in engineering or a related field.
In addition to submitting a Graduate School application with fee, we require the following for evaluation:
- Official copies of transcripts for all universities attended and degrees awarded
- Personal Statement (specific instructions here)
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (current/previous employers or professors). For those students applying for the GCEN Program, letters of recommendation are not required*
- The Graduate Record Exam (GRE) is not required for application to either the ENPM or GCEN programs
- US citizens/permanent residents/international applicants with foreign credentials, if your native language is not English and you do not hold a degree from an institution in the US, you may be required to submit proof of English proficiency via TOEFL or IELTS scores. Click here for more information.
*While not guaranteed, applicants with an undergraduate GPA of less than 3.0 might be admitted on a provisional basis if they have demonstrated a satisfactory experience in another related graduate program and given strong letters of recommendation. In this case, for those students applying for the GCEN Program, two (2) recommendation letters are required as well.
Please note that due to a software glitch in applying for Fall 2014, Permanent Residents will need to contact us at email@example.com prior to submitting their completed application. You can fill out the application with all the information, then notify our office so we can release the application system and allow you to submit the application. This only applies to Fall 2014 Permanent Resident applicants.
For faster processing of your application, please send official transcripts directly to our office. Also, please have your recommenders use the online form available when you complete your ASF (application supplement form). If letters are being mailed, please send them to our office as well.
Office of Advanced Engineering Education
2105 J.M. Patterson Building
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742
|Sign up to attend a free virtual open house.|