The University of Maryland is dedicated to maintaining a vibrant international graduate student community. OAEE welcomes international students to apply for online or on-campus Professional Master of Engineering programs (30 credits). All of our M.Eng. programs are open to qualified applicants holding a regionally accredited baccalaureate degree in engineering or a related field.
Please note: Due to the brief nature of the Graduate Certificate in Engineering (GCEN) program (12 credits), the program is not available to international students, as they would not qualify for the student visa. International students are welcome to apply for GCEN programs that are offered online.
International Application Deadlines
On-Campus (M.Eng.) – September 29
Online (M.Eng. and GCEN) – December 15
On-Campus (M.Eng.) – March 15
Online (M.Eng. and GCEN) – July 30
How to Apply
Please see the following links for complete instructions to completing an application:
- Office of Advanced Engineering Application Instructions
- University of Maryland Graduate School International Admissions
Please take special note of the following:
- The GRE is NOT required for admission to the M.Eng. and GCEN programs.
- Applicants to online programs must submit English proficiency scores that meet requirements for full admission. Conditional admission in terms of English proficiency is not granted for online students.
Additional step-by-step application guides
International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS)
ISSS is a valuable resource of information and assistance for prospective and current international students. International applicants are encouraged to explore the services they offer, and contact them with related questions, especially those pertaining to student visas.
- English Proficiency Requirements
- English Translation Services