The Office of Advanced Engineering Education (OAEE) offers travel grants for students in the Professional Master of Engineering (M.Eng) program. The travel grants are intended to help defray the expenses incurred by OAEE graduate students who are traveling to professional conferences to present papers, posters, or attend career fairs.
Students may receive each grant once during their graduate education in the M.Eng program and there are a limited number of scholarships per conference.
Grants can cover a maximum of three days of hotel, registration, and airfare costs, but exact reward details will be provided at a later date. Considerations for choosing awardees include whether or not the student is presenting, the student’s academic record, and the student’s response to the scholarship questions, among other considerations.
SWE National Conference 2018
October 18-20, 2018
SHPE National Conference 2018
November 7-11, 2018
Application Deadline: July 20, 2018
NSBE Annual Convention
March 27-31, 2019
Application Deadline: November 16, 2018
Grace Hopper Celebration 2019
Time & Location TBD
Tentative Deadline: May 1, 2019
To be eligible, students must meet the eligibility requirements:
- Must be an attendee, a poster presenter, or other type of presenter
- Must commit to two hours per day at career/recruitment fair booth with OAEE during conference, scheduled ahead of time with recruiter.
- Must be in good academic standing - i.e. must have a 3.0 cumulative GPA or higher, be making satisfactory progress towards his/her degree, and be registered for the semester that the conference travel takes place (or, in the case of Winter or Summer, the semester immediately following).
- OAEE will specify deadlines for each conference above
- Fill out the application at the bottom of this page.
OAEE will give the students the awarded funds and will then require the following actions:
- Must arrange booth time with the appropriate OAEE staff member prior to conference attendance
- Must complete the agreed upon booth time at the conference
- Based on availability, awardees may be asked to share a room with other awardees.
- If any of these stipulations are not met, the student will be required to reimburse the award