Kevin has over 13 years of experience in the information security field dealing with everything from intrusion detection and incident response to log management, vulnerability assessment, and penetration testing. His responsibilities have included hands on response to incidents, managing incident handlers and projects, as well as architecting security solutions.
Kevin received a degree in management information systems from the University of Maryland College Park's Robert H. Smith School of Business in 2003.
- “Keynote: UMD Data Breach and Lessons Learned” with Gerry Sneeringer, REN¬ISAC Annual Member Meeting, Minneapolis, MN. May 2015
- “Capture The Flag”, Educause Security Professionals Conference, St Louis, MO. May 2014
- “Splunk and the University of Maryland”, SplunkLive! Baltimore, MD. December 2013
- “The Vulnerability Scanning Cluster,” The Institute for Applied Network Security Mid¬-Atlantic Forum, Washington, DC, February 2005
- “Taming the Beast – Securing a Large University Network,” CSI 30th Annual Computer Security Conference, Washington, DC, November 2003