Dr. Ioana Rus is a lecturer in the Office of Advanced Engineering Education. The experience gathered during years of working in research, industry, and academia, enables her to guide students in acquiring knowledge and developing skills for becoming successful software engineers and computer scientists. Dr. Rus has a Masters and PhD degree in Computer Science and Engineering from Arizona State University, and currently works at the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center.
Software Engineering | Product and Process Performance and Quality Measurement | Modeling and Simulation | Development and Evaluation of Software Improvement Practices | Knowledge Management | Cybersecurity
- Simulation-based Software Process Modeling and Evaluation, O. Armbrust, T. Berlage, T. Hanne, P. Lang, J. Münch, H. Neu, S. Nickel, I. Rus, A. Sarishvili, S. van Stockum, A. Wirsen, in “Handbook of Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering, Volume III”, World Scientific Pub. Co, 2005.
- Knowledge Management for Software Organizations, M. Lindvall and I. Rus, in "Managing Software Engineering Knowledge", Edited by A. Aurum, R. Jeffery, C. Wohlin, M. Handzic, Springer Verlag, 2003.
JOURNALS AND CONFERENCES
- Measures and Risk Indicators for Early Insight Into Software Safety, Victor Basili, Frank Marotta, Kathleen Dangle, Ioana Rus, Linda Esker, CrossTalk, vol 21, nr 10, 2008.
- Archetypal Behavior in Computer Security, Shalom N. Rosenfeld, Ioana Rus, and Michel Cukier, Journal of Systems and Software, Volume 80, Issue 10 (October 2007), Pages: 1594-1606.
- Experimenting with software testbeds for evaluating new technologies, Mikael Lindvall, Ioana Rus, Paolo Donzelli, Atif Memon, Marvin Zelkowitz, Aysu Betin-Can, Tevfik Bultan, Chris Ackermann, Bettina Anders, Sima Asgari, Victor Basili, Jörg Fellmann, Daniel Hirschbach, Lorin Hochstein, Forrest Shull, Roseanne Tvedt, Daniel Pech, Empirical Software Engineering, Volume 12, Number 4 / August, 2007, pages 417-444.
- Virtual Software Engineering Laboratories in Support of Trade-off Analyses, Münch J., Pfahl D., Rus I., in Software Quality Journal, vol. 13, no 4., 2005.
- Defect Evolution in a Product Line Environment, M. Zelkowitz and I. Rus, in Journal of Systems and Software, Volume 70, No 1-2, 2004, pp. 143-154.
- Knowledge Management in Software Engineering, Ioana Rus and Mikael Lindvall, in IEEE Software, vol. 19, no. 3, May/June 2002, pp. 26-38.
- Understanding IV&V in a Complex Evolutionary Environment: The NASA Space Shuttle Program, Marvin Zelkowitz and I. Rus, International Conference on Software Engineering ICSE2001, Toronto, Canada, May 2001.
- Perspective-Based Reading: Techniques for Improving Requirements Inspections, Forrest Shull, I. Rus, and V. Basili, Computer July/August, 2000.
- Software Process Simulation for Reliability Management, Ioana Rus, J. Collofello, and P. Lakey, Journal of Systems and Software vol. 46, no.2/3, April 1999.