Dr. George Syrmos, Executive Director
Office of Advanced Engineering Education
2105 J.M. Patterson Building
- Master of Engineering in Systems Engineering: A course-based professional master’s program designed for the working professional. Students pursuing this option may choose to use their electives to obtain a Graduate Certificate in one of the many other programs offered by the Office of Advanced Engineering Education. See http://advancedengineering.umd.edu/programs.
- Graduate Certificate in Engineering in Systems Engineering: Requires the completion of four of the core systems engineering courses. See http://advancedengineering.umd.edu/programs/systems-engineering/certificate/courses.
Full admission as a degree seeking student requires the following prerequisites:
- A bachelor's degree, GPA of 3.0 or better, in engineering or a closely related discipline such as Computer Science, Physics, Applied Mathematics, or Physical Sciences from an accredited institution.
- Courses in mathematics (Calculus I, II, III, & Differential Equations) and familiarity with at least one (1) programming language.
- Further admissions requirements.
- Completed applications are reviewed and considered for admission on a case-by-case basis.