Yunho Hwang is a research professor and associate director of Center for Environmental Energy Engineering (CEEE), and directs the Energy Efficiency and Heap Pump Consortium in CEEE. Dr. Hwang works extensively on energy efficiency enhancement in energy conversion systems and development of novel energy conversion processes.
His career spans 30 years, including 10 years of industrial experience at Samsung Electronics as a senior researcher of air conditioning and refrigeration. He is the author of two books and seven book chapters. He has also published more than 240 articles and papers. His publications’ h-index is 25 and total citations are 1,761. His six publications were selected as either most cited articles or most downloaded articles from Elsevier. He was selected as an author of one of the top 1% most highly cited papers in authors field worldwide (2016).
He is an ASME Fellow, and is a member of ASHRAE, SAE, and IIR. Currently, he serves as a chair of the LCCP Working Group for the International Institute of Refrigeration.
Dr. Hwang is the author of two books, Vapor Compression Heat Pumps with Refrigerant Mixtures, with Reinhard Radermacher, 2005, and Technical Heat Transfer, 1988, and was a contributor to Automotive Air-Conditioning, 2nd Edition, with the chapter “Alternative Refrigeration Cycle”, 2002. He has also published nearly 100 articles and papers in the field. He is a ASME fellow and member of ASHRAE, SAE, ASME, and IIR.
Energy efficiency enhancement in energy conversion systems and development of novel energy conversion processes.
SELECT PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
Three Most cited Articles from Elsevier
- Review of cold storage materials for air conditioning application, Volume 35, Issue 8, December 2012, Pages 2053-2077, Int. J. of Refrigeration, Gang Li, Yunho Hwang*, Reinhard Radermacher
- Refrigerant injection for heat pumping/air conditioning systems: Literature review and challenges discussions, Int. J. of Refrigeration, Volume 34, Issue 2, March 2011, Pages 402-415, Xing Xu, Yunho Hwang*, Reinhard Radermacher
- Optimization of propane pre-cooled mixed refrigerant LNG plant, Volume 31, Issues 6-7, May 2011, Pages 1091-1098, Applied Thermal Eng., Abdullah Alabdulkarem, Amir Mortazavi, Yunho Hwang*, Reinhard Radermacher, Peter Rogers
Three Most downloaded Articles from Int. J. of Refrigeration
- A review of elastocaloric cooling: Materials, cycles and system integrations, April 2016, Suxin Qian, Yunlong Geng, Yi Wang, Jiazhen Ling, Yunho Hwang*, Reinhard Radermacher, Ichiro Takeuchi, Jun Cui
- Recent advances in vapor compression cycle technologies, December 2015, Chasik Park, Hoseong Lee, Yunho Hwang*, Reinhard Radermacher
- Review of solar thermal air conditioning technologies, March 2014, Ali Al-Alili, Yunho Hwang*, Reinhard Radermacher