Education: Ph.D., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1986
Scientific and Professional Membership: Member, Editorial Board, International Journal of Flexible Automation & Intelligent Manufacturing; Associate Editor,International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Systems; Member, Executive Committee, Region 3 of the Society of Manufacturing Engineers.
Honors and Awards: Clark School's Poole and Kent Outstanding Teaching Award for Senior Faculty, 2004
Manufacturing systems, rapid prototyping, dynamics of mechanical structures, engineering statistics, and computer engineering.
SELECT PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Zhang, G.M., Engineering Design and Pro/ENGINEER, College House Enterprises, LLC, 3rd edition, 2000.
- Zhang, G.M., Y. Cao, and D. Rekow, “A Computational Approach to Evaluate Surface Integrity of Glass Ceramics,” Trans. Of the North American Manufacturing Research Institute of the SME, Vol. 28, pp. 279-284, 2000.
- Cao, Y. and G.M. Zhang, “A Study on Multiple Crack Initiation and Growth in Glass Ceramics Loaded by a Sphere,” Engineering Fracture Mechanics, Issue 67, No. 3, pp. 277-292, 2000.
- Rebeck E. and G.M. Zhang, “A Method for Evaluating the Stiffness of a Hexapod Machine Tool Support Structure,” International Journal of Flexible Automation and Integrated Manufacturing, Vol. 7, pp. 149-165, 1999.
- Zhang, G.M. and L. Qi, “NC Machining to Fabricate Dental Crowns Using Glass Ceramics,” International Journal of Flexible Automation and Integrated Manufacturing, Vol. 7, pp. 167-183, 1999.